21™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you feel about high school relationships?

+3
Danny Grant
Adam Lopez
Brian Middleton
7 posters

Go down

How do you feel about high school relationships? Empty How do you feel about high school relationships?

Post by Brian Middleton Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:59 pm

How do you feel? Are they useless, good for the experience, or could potentially be the real deal? Speak from experience if you have any!
Brian Middleton
Brian Middleton
Citizen
Citizen

Posts Posts : 3
Karma Karma : 1
Cash Cash : 21268

https://twenty1.forumotion.com/u139rpgsheet?mode=generate

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about high school relationships? Empty Re: How do you feel about high school relationships?

Post by Adam Lopez Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:59 pm

Brian asking about relationships? How out of place.
I think they're good for getting experience with what it's like to have a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, and I do consider them the "real deal" in that I don't consider them less valid than relationships between adults.
Adam Lopez
Adam Lopez
Supernova Employee
Supernova Employee

Posts Posts : 1
Karma Karma : 0
Cash Cash : 855

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about high school relationships? Empty Re: How do you feel about high school relationships?

Post by Danny Grant Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:01 pm

I see most high school relationships like bikes with training wheels. You're still riding a bike, but you're also still learning.
Danny Grant
Danny Grant
World Cool Experts
World Cool Experts

Karma Karma : 17
Cash Cash : 665

https://twenty1.forumotion.com/u54rpgsheet?mode=generate

Back to top Go down

Post by Maryanne Le'Touie Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:03 pm

As with anything, practice is beneficial. Some individuals are more mature than others, some individuals are more susceptible to pressure than others, these relationships may be serious or may not, they may last awhile or not...

People change, as with any stage of life, but it seems much more changing happens during teenage years-twenties, so saying they aren't bound to last would seem reasonable (when looking at high school sweethearts) however that isn't always the case, some people change with their partners.

Every guy I dated was not serious in that I thought I'd marry him but I did think we would be together for awhile. High school drama and differences didn't allow the relationships to last. Well up to sophomore year.

These previous relationships and asking guys out gave me experience with asking someone out, rejection, what it feels like to break up, feeling special, learning to kiss, learning queues, appropriate and not so awesome ways to break up, balancing friendship and relationships, etc ...

When I met my partner at the end of sophomore year I had a good idea of what I wanted, for a 15/16 year old. We are still together almost 13 years later... We've changed together, we are better versions of ourselves...

I do not think we missed out on anything. A bird in the hand is better than two in the Bush. In other words if you're happy with what you've got why would you try to seek anything else.

I know just as many successful high school sweethearts as I do with high school sweethearts that didn't work out.
Maryanne Le'Touie
Maryanne Le'Touie
Adams Medical School
Adams Medical School

Karma Karma : 1
Cash Cash : 356890
Joined Joined : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Latin Peer Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:05 pm

I've seen them be the "real deal" many times.

Young love has many benefits even if the relationship doesn't turn out to be a lifelong romantic relationship.

High school relationships help people learn about what they want and don't want from a relationship. They can also help you learn who you are and where you want to go in life. They're also good for teaching you how to treat a partner and be a "team player" and be in a partnership.
Latin Peer
Latin Peer
Bradford University
Bradford University

Karma Karma : 2
Cash Cash : 3467
Joined Joined : 2011

https://twenty1.forumotion.com/u8rpgsheet?mode=generate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocco Kane Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:07 pm

I never saw the point.
Rocco Kane
Rocco Kane
Bagwell School of Intelligence
Bagwell School of Intelligence

Karma Karma : 2
Cash Cash : 2567

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin Mudd Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:21 pm

They're probably not going to last, but if that's a reason not to get into one then you wouldn't EVER get into any relationships. So I'm inclined to say "do whatever." However, I've seen a bit of research evidence suggesting that starting to have relationships younger is related to relationship dysfunction later in life, so there's a possibility that it's a bad idea. I haven't seen enough to convince me that it's more than correlational, but it's possible that, since young peoples' relationships tend to be dysfunctional because young people are less mature, they could be developing bad relationship habits that are hard to shake. Not enough evidence for a definite "don't do that!" by any stretch of the imagination, but maybe something to consider.
Austin Mudd
Austin Mudd
Quentin at Bradford School of Knowledge
Quentin at Bradford School of Knowledge

Karma Karma : 0
Cash Cash : 1115

https://twenty1.forumotion.com/u7rpgsheet?mode=generate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum