21™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Law people of Freedom, why shouldn't I become a lawyer?

2 posters

Go down

Law people of Freedom, why shouldn't I become a lawyer? Empty Law people of Freedom, why shouldn't I become a lawyer?

Post by Sumiko Sewell Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:53 pm

I have always seen being a lawyer as a prestigious calling, but every lawyer I know says don't go to law school, can you elaborate or are they just trying to decrease the pool of lawyers?
Sumiko Sewell
Sumiko Sewell
Bradford University
Bradford University

Posts Posts : 10
Karma Karma : 13
Cash Cash : 3915

https://twenty1.forumotion.com/u25rpgsheet?mode=generate

Back to top Go down

Law people of Freedom, why shouldn't I become a lawyer? Empty Re: Law people of Freedom, why shouldn't I become a lawyer?

Post by Ashton Hennessy Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:55 pm

Short of starting heroin, getting a PhD, or marrying the wrong woman, law school is quite literally one of the worst mistakes you can make in life. It's a lot like climbing Mount Everest. It's hugely expensive and difficult, and then, when you finally, agonizingly get to the top, it's just snow. There's nothing fucking there. Everyone pats you on the back and tells you that you did this amazing thing, but really you wonder what your reward was. What was the point of all that? Getting a job where you make maybe $45k while working 60-80 hours a week? Fucking McDonald's workers do better than that and they don't have $100k debt. The market is so saturated with desperate people that the dreams of a big salary and fancy house are pure fantasy for most dumb enough to do it.
Ashton Hennessy
Ashton Hennessy
Hines Law School
Hines Law School

Posts Posts : 2
Karma Karma : 3
Cash Cash : 713

Back to top Go down